Our Skilled Nursing Facility opened its doors on June 5th, 2012. As a small community of only 27 residents, we are able to focus on individualized needs.
At Manoa Cottage Kaimuki, we dedicate specialized activities and programs to address the behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Most importantly, we strive to maintain independence, individuality, and a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing, Intermediate, Long-Term Respite, and Hospice Care
- Private Bedrooms
- Semi-private Bedrooms (2 beds with private entrance for each resident)
- Shared Bedrooms (3-bed rooms)
- Memory Support
- Social Programming
- Local-Style Homemade Meals
- Activities & Events
- Room & Board
- 24-Hour Licensed Nursing Staff
- 24-Hour Security & Supervision
- Medication Administration
- Meals & Snacks
- Daily Care Supplies
- Access to a full range of rehabilitation specialists, palliative care specialists, and hospice services is available on site.
Memory Care Programs
- Namaste Care –
- “Namaste” means “to honor the spirit within”. This program, developed by Joyce Simard, provides meaningful activities through a “loving touch” approach. A peaceful environment is created to preserve dignity and tranquility, even as a resident’s verbal and cognitive abilities decline.
- Music & Memory –
- Manoa Cottage Kaimuki was the first private facility in Hawaii to be certified in “Music and Memory” – a national program that brings music into the lives of the elderly. Each resident receives an iPod Shuffle with a personalized playlist. This allows those struggling with Alzheimer’s and Dementia to reconnect with the world through music-triggered memories.
- Wander Prevention System
- Nurse Call System
- Monitoring devices-
- Floor Mats, Clip Alarms. Pressure Sensors
- Supervised Activities
- Scheduled during waking hours and as needed
- Video Surveillance
- Games & Crafts
- Special Events & Onsite Performances
- Cooking & Baking
- Gardening & Flower Arranging
- Therapy Animals
- Music and More!